I know it's not Halloween yet, but I do think it's my favorite holiday.
I picked up my new Tim Holtz Alteration dies at
Stampers Corner this week and just couldn't wait to use them on a project.
So today was the day!
Grunge Board, Rock Candy Crackle Paint, Alteration by Sizzix (Pumpkin Jack, Scary Jack-o-lantern face set, Halloween Background and border texture fade) Core'dinations Distress Cardstock, Manila Tag, Distress Stains (Picket Fence, Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge, Peeled Paint, Black Soot) Distress Ink (Vintage Photo) Archival Ink (Pitch Black) Idea-ology (Mini Pins, Halloween Tokens, Jump Rings) Paper Distressor, Inkssentials Pop-It Shapes, Twine!
1. Die cut pumpkin from grunge board.
2. Glue dot pumpkin and parts to a scrap of paper. Paint all elements with Rock Candy Crackle Paint and let dry.
3. Shake Pickett Fence Stain. 4. Paint pumpkin and let dry.
5. Paint pumpkin with Rusty Hinge Stain. This may take 2 coats.
6. Paint the stem with Peeled Paint Stain and the eyes with Black Soot Stain.
7. Assemble your pumpkin.
8. Cut cardstock to 4 1/4" x 6". Now emboss with your new Halloween folder.
Tip: To get this effect you must use a cardstock with a lighter core.
I used Tim's Core'dinations Cardstock.
9. Sand the raised area to reveal the core.
10. Cut cardstock to 9" x 6 1/4" and score in half. 11. Adhere embossed piece to your folded card.
12. Pop dot the pumpkin to your card.
13. Stamp Halloween ticket on a manila tag with Archival ink. 14. Color with Wild Honey Stain.
15. Cut out ticket. 16. Use Paper Distessor on all edges of ticket.
17. With an Ink Blending Tool, distress edges of the ticket with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
18. Attach ticket with a Mini Pin. Add the Token with a Jump Ring. Tie a bow with twine around the pumpkins stem.
If you'd like to know more about Distress Stain check out Tim's video here!
This is the same die cut with a different spin.
Just simple die cut the pumpkin from a folded card, but be sure to leave a little of the fold in tact. Distress the edges with a little Vintage Photo Distress ink. Pop dot the face to the pumpkin.
Tie a bow around the stem and attach the Halloween token with a jump ring. The leave are die cut from the Autumn Gatherings Decorative Strip die, distressed with Vintage Photo Ink and the glued around the stem.
Yes it was 100 degrees here in Sacramento but FALL will be here before you know it!
Enjoy your weekend.