Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Christmas Tree Ornament

 Hello friends! You never know when and where inspiration is going to hit you. I received and email from Pottery Barn the other day and I fell in love with this ornament. So it got me thinking…I have Woodland Trees…I can make a little box or maybe I have one…I have some vintage mercury ornaments…and ribbon…yep I can make this. 

Here is the inspiration.

Use a little box or create one for the base of our ornament. I actually used an insert from a configurations box and made my own lid from chip board. Paint box with Glue n Seal and add Antique Linen Distress Glitter to cover the entire box and let dry. 

Adhere Red and Cream Trimmings to create a package. Tie a little bow and adhere to the side of the package. 

Work on a craft sheet or protect your area, spray Woodland trees with Distress Spray Stain and dry with a heat tool. 

Apply Glossy accents to your craft sheet and roll the tree in the Glossy Accents.

Pour Rock Candy Distress Glitter over the tree and shake off the excess. 

Adhere Mercury ornaments or pearls to the tree with hot glue. 

Color the Mirrored Star with Mushroom Alcohol Ink on an Applicator tool. 

Adhere the Mirrored Star to the top of the tree with hot glue. 

Adhere the Woodland Tree to the top of the package. 

Thanks for stopping by.
Richele