Wednesday, February 21, 2024

COLORBLOCK fabric Sneakers!

 Hello everyone! Today I want to share a little about the Sneakers I made with the ColorBlock fabric designed by Tim Holtz for FreeSpirit Fabrics. I had been seeing these quilted sneakers popup on Instagram so I decided to give it a try. 

I ordered the Sneaker Kit from BuckleBee Patterns that everyone was using. They have the soles in white, or black. The kit comes with the sole, pattern, a great instruction booklet with all the details, thread, needle, and even a thimble. I would suggest that you have intermediate sewing skills. 

To get started I quilted my layers together with the layers outlined in the instructions. I quilted the ColorBlock fabric in the ditch. 

Cut out the pattern and make all the markings for the sewing holes and eyelet. Next pinch the holes I have a Japanese screw punch that worked great. I would put the eyelets in at this point when the fabric is flat. 

After sewing the binding around the top I got to hand sewing the fabric part to the soles. This will take a while so be patient and if you're not a thimble wearer like me your fingers might be a little sore. 

Once you're done sewing you will need to add shoelaces and put the insole in and just like that you're done. I can't wait to wear them around town! 

Happy sewing friends! 
Thanks for stopping by!
Richele