Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Eclectic Elements Flower Pillow

Hello friends! Today I'd like to share a quick and easy pillow I made for Quilt Market several months ago using Eclectic Elements Fabric by Tim Holtz.  

The flowers (circle) are cut from the Sizzix Circles Framelits set. 

I cut several layers of circles and hand stitched an "X" in the center with embroidery floss to hold them in place.  

I added a few leaves and hand stitched them on with embroidery floss. 
Love the deconstructed look of the flowers. 
After the flowers were all created I sewed the pillow together added the pillow form and now its ready to enjoy. 

Enjoy your day!
Richele

8 comments:

SusanK said...

What a fun pillow! And I have just the place for something similar!

Rea' said...

Love what you did, those flowers are just so fun and those fabrics are amazing!

Redanne said...

That is such a great idea for flowers Richele and I love the completed pillow.

Unknown said...

WOW--Love this pillow, Richele! I love flowers made simply like that--very vintage and fun! You make me feel like sewing!! :) XOXO-Shari T.

Unknown said...

Great design Richele!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

THIS ROCKS!!!!

Jen said...

Sooo pretty!!!!!!

Judy said...

So glad to have an idea for my little packages of Eclectic Elements and I love the pillow.