Saturday, May 23, 2015

Quilt Market 2015 - Tim Holtz Eclectic Elements Fabric Projects

Hello friends!!! I LOVE to sew, it really sings to my soul. My first memories of sewing are sitting on my mothers lap making a hot pink ice skating dress when I was only 4 years old. I'm sure that my mother just let me push the petal but in my 4 year old eyes I made that little dress and I have been sewing ever since. 

Here is the Tim Holtz Eclectic Elements booth at Spring Quilt Market hosted in Minneapolis. Tim won "Best New Exhibitor". 
I love everything about it…from the vintage settee covered in the new Wallflower fabric to all the lovely projects everyone made. 
 For a full recap of the show head over to Tim and Paula's blog. 
Photo courtesy of Paula Cheney
Here's the samples I made with the new Tim Holtz Eclectic Elements Wallflower collection. I can't even tell you how excited and honored I was to make the quilt for the booth. Thank you Tim!! 

Photo courtesy of Paula Cheney

"Artful Fragments"
The quilt was pieced with over 620 pieces. The pattern for the quilt will be on the Coats and Clark website soon.

Love the way the fabrics go together. 

"Poufs"

"The Travel Bag" has to be one of my favorite projects other then the quilt. 
I really want  to make one for myself. 


"Pin Cushions"

"Zipper pouch"

"Aviary Pillow"
Love how the stitching around the bird makes him stand out.

The beauty of Eclectic Elements is how well the fabrics coordinate together. I know you will enjoy using them for your next sewing project. 

Thanks for stopping in and I hope you have a great weekend. 
Richele

21 comments:

Paula Cheney said...

Is there anything you can't do? I think not! The quilt and all the other projects were wonderful and made the booth complete. We never would have won the booth award without your help. xx

Richele Christensen said...

Thanks Paula!! It's always a pleasure working with you!

Nicole H. said...

Love your work! I am excited to play with the new fabric. Thank you for sharing your work with us.

Amy Friend said...

Great job on all these booth projects! They looked great!

Kath Stewart said...

wow they are all amazing xxx

Unknown said...

Oh my, that quilt is amazing Richele! Love this new collection of fabric!

Sue said...

Absolutely beautiful creations. Paula said in her link that she wants them all. So do I!

cheiron said...

These are all beautiful and so creative. I especially love the travel bag!

Redanne said...

Oh wow Richele, your quilt is absolutely stunning!! You are so clever! It looks wonderful behind the vintage settee. The bags and other elements look beautiful too, no wonder the booth won! Anne xx

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Richele,
I have to say being an X quilter myself I can appreciate the work that has gone into making the quilt, It looks amazing, a fabulous design that suits the design of the material. You should be very proud, it is tangible and tactile and will certainly hold the test of time for many many years.The booth looks fabulous.
Smiles:)
Sue

Rita said...

The whole booth is so special Richelle, but your quilt is the masterpiece. Love all your projects and those fabrics are so beautiful. Hugs from Scotland. Rita xxx

barbarayaya62 said...

Richele you are a wonderful artist of fabric! Your quilt is stunning! I love so much The travel bag, is my fav! Barbarayaya

Theresa said...

Are you going to share the info about the pattern you used for your travel bag? Looks like a nice size. thanks as always for sharing.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

What works of art and love! I ADORE everything you made and want them for myself...lol! You are an exceptional seamstress! Gorgeous gorgeous work!

Unknown said...

Your an Amazing fabric artist!!! These are absolutely beautiful projects. Wow!!

Erika said...

Wow Richele your work is amazing I love your quilt. Stunning projects too.
I have to say I finally bought Tim's Poinsettia die after seeing your fab pillar boxes, from a long while ago. I hope you don't mind but I gave you a wee "toot" on my blog today about it, linked back to you so they can see your wonderful work.
Thanks for the inspiration, hugs Erika. x

Bobbi Smith said...

Richele, you are an amazing fabric artist!!! All of your pieces are stunning!!! Thank you so much for sharing! The Eclectic Elements Collection is amazing and all of the projects are so inspiring! The Eclectic Elements booth looked incredible!!!

Michelle in Saskatoon said...

very inspiring! each project is so pretty

Angie said...

I bought some lovely Vintage Ad fabric from Hobby Lobby and found out it was from Tim Holtz....Love his Spring line of fabrics that you worked with. All your items arel so special. Love the travel bag and smaller projects that I might be able to do. Thanks for sharing.

Nora Bryan said...

What pattern did you use for the travel bag?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.