Friday, September 18, 2015

Totally Crazy..."Bird Crazy"

Happy Friday everyone! Yes it's another post with THE birds. The "CRAZY" adorable Birds that is! Did you hear the exciting news from Tim Holtz…there's a new Thinlits set to cut out all the Crazy Things making it that much easier to create these fun cards. 

All you need is Distress Markers, Distress Spritzer, Detail Waterbrush, Watercolor Cardstock, Kraft-Core Cardstock, Paper Twine or Jute String, Stamps (Bird Crazy, Crazy Things and Crazy Talk) and of corse the NEW Crazy Things Thinlits set! 
You can find the coloring technique I've used on a previous post HERE

WARNING: Bird Crazy is addicting! 

Birthday Cards

How cute is Ethel holding all those balloons…if she's not careful she's going to float away. 

Sheldon loves being an artist and Max is still in love with Harriet! 

Sheldon sure has made a mess creating art! 

Believe in the Red and White and sometimes Blue! 

Edsel is all dressed up for the Holidays! 

Sam is flying the flags to celebrate our country! 

Just for fun! 

Harriet is all ready for the egg hunt in her fancy hat.

Kraft-Core Cardstock is my favorite cardstock to use on cards. The new Classics Collection is perfect for my Bird Crazy cards the colors are so bright and cheery. 

I hope you have found some inspiration to try these fun feathered friends. 
WARNING: Bird Crazy is addicting!!!
 The NEW Crazy Things Thinlits dies make it easy to create cards in a flash! 

Enjoy your weekend I hope you have a chance to get creative! 
Thanks for stopping in!
Richele


28 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is one of my all time FAVORITE stamp sets that Tim Holtz ever created. They are just so much fun and everyone enjoys them. Thanks for sharing your ideas.

SusanK said...

What a crazy bird community you have created! Can't wait to get my die set!

Bobbi Smith said...

Richele, your "Bird Crazy" cards are AMAZING! Love all the great inspiration, thank you!

Words and Pictures said...

Crazily fabulous samples!
Alison x

Christy Lee said...

Love your cards!!! Which glue and dimensionals do you use on the tiny pieces to pop them up, and glue them? I have trouble with popping up and gluing the tiny pieces. Thanks for your time!

Marcie Lovett said...

I do love those loony birds and what you've done with them, Richele.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, your cards are awesome! TFS Richele!

Richele Christensen said...

Hi Christy!
Thank you!
I use Glossy Accents to glue little bits and for the dimensional foam tape I use 3M brand. Just cut the pieces small and tuck them in behind the eyes, beak and wings. Happy crafting!

Dreaming of Vintage said...

OMG! These cards are awesome and so cute!

Rea' said...

OMG ... what fun ... I need to have a Bird Day ! Love what you did/do with these birds... these cards are Crazy Awesome :)

Sue McRae said...

Your cards are fantabulous, looks like you had fun with these birds!

Christy Lee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christy Lee said...

Thanks a lot for the reply! I will try that. I signed up for your Nov. Class in Elk Grove, and I can't wait!!

Christy Lee said...

Thanks a lot for the reply! I will try that. I signed up for your Nov. Class in Elk Grove, and I can't wait!!

Richele Christensen said...

Thank you! Can't wait to see you!

cheiron said...

These are all awesome!!! Such fun coloring and great designs.

Shirley said...

LOVE, LOVE bird crazy stamp set and will love crazy things stamp set as well( once I receive ). Now I'll need to get crazy things thinlets. All your cards are really neat!

Shirley said...

Addicting...YES! I LOVE bird crazy stamp/thinlits set, and I am waiting for crazy things stamp set and it look like I will be ordering the "new" thinlits. LOVE all your cards!!.

Jen Hayes said...

I LOVE what you have done! These cards are fabulous and SUPER inspirational!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

These are all amazing! I can see they are so addicting too! LOVE them all!

Julia Aston said...

So so fun!! What a great job creating with the new accessory dies for the birds!!!

Barbara said...

Your cards are fabulous and you have just made me order the stamps/dies!
They are just so cute and your colouring is amazing, I am definitely going to have a go at making the Christmas one first.
Thank you for the inspiration!!!!!!!

Tona said...

Your cards are fantastic! Thanks for the inspiration.

Candy C said...

OMG, Richele! Your crazy bird cards are fabulous! I totally love everything about them! You give each of them so much personality and attitude! LOVE!!!

Sandy said...

You are absolutely right - these birds are addictive!!! An you can tell that your really love working with them. I am in awe - thanks for the inspiration!!
Sandy xx

ArtLover said...

I love these!!! I purchased the Crazy Birds stamps & dies a few weeks ago. After seeing your cards I just ordered the Crazy Things stamps, also some of the background stamps you used. I can't wait to play with them! I love Tim Holtz & found your blog through one of his posts. I love your work... you're amazing! What ink did you use for the backgrounds? Distress? I also saw a comment from a follower mentioning a video tutorial. Do you have such? Thanks for sharing your beautiful & cool projects. I wish I lived out West so I could attend one of your workshops.

Anwar Allie said...

Hi there. In the card with Edsel, how did you make the background white on red?

Richele Christensen said...

The backgrounds on the cards are done with stamps and Archival Ink Pads. The links for the stamps are at the bottom of the post.