Thursday, December 3, 2015

12 Tags of 2015 / Holiday Card Series - January Inspiration

Hello everyone! This will be the 6th card of the series...that's half way. When I first looked at the tag for January I wasn't sure what to do! But once I got started everything just seemed to fall into place. I think it might be one of my favorites. I love the colors and texture...and who doesn't love glitter for the Holidays.  

 The new Distress Glitter Dust in Vintage Platinum is a must have for the holiday season. The color is so dreamy and vintage!! 

12 Tags of 2015 / January
Be sure to check out Tim's blog post for all the details and techniques. 

Background: Melange Tissue Wrap, Hickory Smoke, Mermaid Lagoon, Evergreen Bough Distress Paint
Elements: Small Talk Occasions, Index Labels, Mirrored Star
25: Alpha Parts (Numeric) 
Glitter: Distress Glitter Dust (Vintage Platinum)
Ribbon: Metallic Trimmings
Embellishments: Mirrored Star, Wire Pin, Snowflake Charm 
Splatter: Picket Fence Distress Paint and Gold Metallic Paint Dabber used with Distress Splatter Brush 



The Distress Splatter Brush is very easy to use and I think the splattering is smaller then others i've used which means less mess and less over splatter. 
I love the effect it gives. 

Are you enjoying the Holiday card series and will you be making cards to send to your friends and family? 

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Richele

Supplies used for this Holiday Card...

14 comments:

Nicole Wright Designs said...

Fabulous card! I love that BIG 25 coated in yummy distress glitter! Off to PIN:)

Scrapthat said...

You go girl!! Your doing awesome!! :D
I'm still waiting for Tim and Heidi to share their tags from there get together...I haven't seen them yet (Mind you I am going crazy trying to get stuff done! LOL)
I'm loving all your takes on the months! TFS You're awesome!

Unknown said...

This is so pretty Richele! I'm really enjoying your Holiday Cards Series and looking forward to seeing what you create next. In fact you've given me some great ideas for my holiday cards. TFS!

Rea' said...

Awesome ... that vintage platinum glitter is sooooooo pretty ! You are rocking these cards... love the mélange tissue background ... Love it !

Jane said...

Such a wonderful take on the January tag...that seems soooo long ago now!

Jane said...

Such a wonderful take on the January tag...that seems soooo long ago now!

Candy C said...

Just beautiful, Richele. I love the subtle vintage glitziness of this. Very elegant.

KAT said...

Awesome Richelle - I am enjoying each and every card!!!

Marci said...

Very beautiful!

Sridhar Chandrasekaran said...

You have such an interesting blog. Thanks for sharing. I'm a self-help blog author and reading blogs is my hobby and I randomly found your blog. I enjoyed reading your posts. All the best for your future blogging endeavors. Please keep in touch with me in Twitter, @selfhelpnemonik

Lucy said...

These Christmas designs based on all the tag techniques are great. This one, in particular, is really beautiful.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Redanne said...

Oh wow, I think this might just be my new favourite - I am totally in love with the new Vintage Platinum glitter and I love the splatters too... a stunning card Richele. Anne x

Theresa said...

I absolutely love that you are showing cards made from the year long tags. I make a tag and card each month, but I haven't gone back to make Christmas cards with the techniques. Food for much thought for getting an early start on next years cards. thanks for so much inspiration.