Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Free to Imagine Card! New Tim Holtz Stamps

Hello friends! I'm back with a new card from the Stampers Anonymous fall release from Tim Holtz. I loved this stamp set the first time I laid eyes on it. The images are so beautifully detailed. If your didn't see the Tim Holtz Facebook Live video be sure to check it out, the cards and projects were stunning and so inspirational. 

I really like all the textures this card has....the crackled texture paste, the script text in the background and of corse the beautiful butterfly. 

First I positioned my stencil on to Media Heavystock and taped it down with removable tape.   Next I forgot to take a picture but I added the Crackle Paste with a palette knife. TIP: When I put the Crackle Paste on I only swipe in one direction to help prevent seeping underneath the stencil. Next carefully remove the stencil and then set aside to air dry. 

Stamp butterfly with Black Soot Archival Ink on to Watercolor cardstock, (ink must be waterproof) Color with Distress Ink and a Waterbrush. 

Add color as desired layering as needed being sure to dry between layers. 

Once the Crackle Paste is dry spray with Distress Spray Stains and a little water to help the ink flow and blend, repeat as needed drying between layers. 

Adhere vintage lace as desired to 6 1/4" x 4 1/2" base card. 

Stamp background with a script stamp using Frayed Burlap Distress Ink. Layer with black cardstock and add stitching as desired. Sew a few buttons to the corner. Adhere background piece to card. Wrap twine around card and tie with a bow. 

Love the detail of the buttons sewn on the card and look at the yummy cracked texture. 

Cut out the butterfly with scissors. Adhere butterfly with foam tape on the outer portions of the wings and adhere body directly to card with Distress Collage Medium. 

Add the word "imagination" to the center of the butterfly and adhere with foam tape. 

Color the metal flower with Alcohol Pearl Inks and adhere to card at twine bow. 


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Richele

Check your local scrapbook store for all the supplies I used on this card 
or click on the links below and head over to Simon Says Stamp.