Saturday, June 15, 2024

NEW Distress Spritz by Tim Holtz

 Hello friends! Drumroll please. The NEW Distress Spritz by Tim Holtz are here. 

When I opened the box I was ready to dive in and see what they would do. First I did some swatching, then some coloring and finally some backgrounds. The shimmer is like no other sprays I've tried. 

They are pretty amazing! The pearl is like no other product i've used. 

Here's a peek at some of the finished cards I made. 

Swatching is so useful when it comes to a new product. I used Watercolor cardstock for my swatches. Each color swatch has the Spritz and the Spritz over the corresponding color. 

COLORING A STAMPED IMAGE
I first stamped with Archival Ink using a Stamping Platform. This is important because I want to stamp over the image once I have colored it. So being able to reposition it after coloring is important. I colored the dragonfly image with Distress Ink using a Waterbrush. 

Next I colored over the same color with the Distress Spritz. The spray if very fluid and easy to use. Shake the Spritz well and then spray some on to your work surface. Pick up the Spritz with a Waterbrush and paint over the same color. Dry with a heat tool between layers. 

Stamp the image again to bring the detail back. I only inked the dragon fly agin.

I added a little splatter in the background with what was left on my work surface. 

Look at all that shimmer!

Another sample of coloring.


STAMPING WITH DISTRESS SPRITZ
I wanted to see if you could use the Spritz on a stamp. First stamp the image with Distress Ink and a little spray of water. The water will give it a watercolor effect. Now paint the stamp with the same color of Distress Spritz and stamp over the ink. I love how the Distress Spritz adds a layer of sparkle. 

BACKGROUNDS
Just look at those amazing colors. I sprayed Distress Spray Stain first and the added the Distress Spritz over the top. I added a little water on top to make sure the colors blended well. 

I wish you cold really see how shimmery it really is. The photo doesn't do it justice. 

and I had to experiment with black cardstock too. Over the black cardstock I only used the Distress Spritz, there is no ink underneath. 



12 DISTRESS SPRITZ COLORS
Worn Lipstick
Picked Raspberry
Barn Door
Spiced Marmalade
Fossilized Amber
Twisted Citron
Peeled Paint
Peacock Feathers
Weathered Wood
Uncharted Mariner
Wilted Violet
Walnut Stain

DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE COLOR?

I can't wait to play more, the possibilities are endless. 
Thanks for stopping by!
Richele

See the whole collection of Distress Spritz below

1 comment:

Maureen Morton said...

Wow, but "stunning" is an understatement! Such shine. Love the swatches - great idea - and the cards are wonderful. Thanks for sharing!