Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween Configuration Book Part 15

HAPPY HALLOWEEN
Well this is the final post for our project. I hope you've enjoyed the journey! 


Who doesn't think of spells and apothecary bottles when you think of Halloween. 

Gather some supplies. Distress Paint (Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, Weathered Wood, Black Soot), Rock Candy Crackle Paint, Glossy Accents, Locket Book, Fired Brick Distress Glitter and Fired Brick reinker.
Die cut the Spiderweb Decorative Strip from black Kraft'core, the Mini Apothecary Bottles from Grunge Board and  more Mini Spiders from Shrink Plastic.

Cut up the Rub Ons to spell "Spells" and rub onto the back side of the Locket Book. I find it easiest to start in the middle of the word. 

Looks like a "Spells" book! 

Paint the Apothecary Bottles with Distress Paint. 

Sand and ink the edges with Distress Ink on an Ink Blending Tool. 

Make the corks at the top of the bottles dark. 

Apply Glossy Accents and/or Rock Candy Crackle Paint. Don't apply anything over the corks on the bottle. Let dry. This will take an hour or two depending on how thick you applied the product. 

Adhere the Spider Web with Multi Medium to the side of the box. 

Adhere the ends of the spider web to the back of the box. Adhere the Spider and the Locket Book to the box. 

For the Vampire Blood mix a few drops of Fired Brick reinker with Glossy Accents. 

Apply the Vampire Blood with a needle or Craft Pick and a popsicle stick. 

Add the Rub ons.

Adhere to the box using game pieces to elevate the bottles. I used a double layer for the Vampire Blood bottle. 

Add some Rub Ons for the inside cover. The Skeleton and a spider maybe.

Maybe some bats!

Add the box corners. 

We're all done! 

Thank you so much for all the comments and support. I hope this inspires you to make a configurations wether it's a Halloween, maybe Christmas, just remember to have fun with it. 

Please upload your project by November 15th at midnight PST. There will be PRIZES! 
Can't wait to see what you created!
Have a safe Halloween!
Richele



14 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

I loved seeing how you made this spooky creation!!!

Rea' said...

WOW, wow, and wow again ... so amazing to see detail by detail ... thanks for the share !

Hetty said...

OMG this is soooo awesome!

Redanne said...

Wonderful final tutorial, posted mine and then promptly fell and broke my hip so have been in hospital since......home today. This has been one of the best tutorials ever and I had so much fun making mine. Just wish the neighbourhood kids could have seen it on Halloween, will save it for next year. Anne x

KAT said...

I just wanted to leave you some more blog love and to thank you for taking all the time to provide these detailed tutorials for each box. This project is really lovely and the details really show all the goodness in each box!

Kathleen Harrington said...

This last box with the apothecary bottles and the spell book was my favorite one to make. Glossy Accents does the coolest things. Who knew vampire blood was so easy to whip up. Anyone for some red velvet cake?

Kathleen Harrington

Diana said...

I just love the Configuration Book. I was so inspired so I had to create my own. Halloween is not that big here in Denmark so I made a Christmas Configuration Book instead. Unfortunately I am not able to upload my book to this blog but you are more than welcome to visit my blog (dhalling.blogspot.dk) Apoligies for the bad quality of the photos.
Thank you so much for the inspiration - I had so much fun creating the book.

Kathleen Harrington said...

I've finally complete my project! Thanks so much, Richele, for creating and sharing a fun and fabulous Halloween Configuration Book. :)

Kathleen Harrington said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathleen Harrington said...

I haven't figured out how to link my pictures to Richele's blog, but if you want to see them, click on my blog name and look at my post called Blog Redux. Thanks for your patience while I am honing my blogging skills.

Rita said...

Hey Richele! This was an awesome project - thanks for the great instructions. I can't figure out how to link my picture here though. Here is the link to my blog posting: I have a few sections left - need to go hit the local antique stores to try and find some Halloween goodies to fill them in. I don't have the die cuts you used. Thanks for sharing so much with us!


http://rita-thespareroom.blogspot.com/2013/11/halloween-configuration-book.html

Kathleen Harrington said...

Your book is so lovely. Thanks for sharing your link.

Kathleen Harrington said...

I took a look at your blog post. Your googly-eyed spider is really cute. I love how you used glass vials full of witch's brew ingredients in the top box. Very creative.

Kathleen Harrington said...

http://birthingyourcreativefire.blogspot.com/2013/11/blog-redux.html